Thursday, April 26, 2012

Going green in the kitchen

It has been a while since I've posted. As the end of the school year wraps up, things get busy! Today I spent a very small amount of time in the kitchen but got much accomplished. I have been saving old whipped topping, butter, and ice cream containers. I finally found a great use for them. First, I browned 2 pounds of ground beef. I separated them into four containers and stuck them in the freezer. I plan to use them for beef nachos, spaghetti sauce, hamburger helper, and tacos. I also baked a couple of chicken breasts and diced them. I will use those for chicken enchiladas. Last, I made a batch of cookie dough. I baked a couple dozen and froze the rest in an ice cream container. So, in less than an hour, I have meat ready four five meals and cookie dough too!! Plus, I reused some items instead of throwing them in the trash.
Do you have a great time saving tip or another way to reuse food containers?

No comments:

Post a Comment